Friday, January 22, 2010

Day 14- 1/22

Today I got to sleep in until 10:30... when a guy from Orange knocked on my door. Basically long story short, my cell phone quit working. I went to the Orange store and they gave me a number to call. I went to Sylvie's office to ask her to call for me but she wasn't there, but her husband was. Leo was really nice and called for me and they said they could have another one delivered to me the next day. I left my old phone at the concierge just in case I wasn't here and there they could swap and I would pick up the new phone later. The guy went to the wrong concierge I guess, they gave him my room number, and came up to my room looking for the phone. I told him it really was with the concierge and i went downstairs with him and exchanged phones. I'm so glad to have a new one because before i got my own internet cord and not having a functioning phone, i felt really disconnected. When i got back to my room i fell back asleep and dreamt that i slept in till like 6:30, but i only slept in till about 1. For the rest of the day I just kinda chilled because this was the first day in quite a while since i've been here that i could just do whatever i wanted and had no plans. I thought about going downtown to look for a black scarf, but really didn't feel like going anywhere. At 6:00 pm my time Luke got online and I was able to talk to him through skype. I had a webcam in my computer so he could see me but I couldn't see him, but he's gonna get a webcam next week hopefully. My parents are probably going to get one set up too. After I talked to Luke, I went to the kitchen to get my milk from the fridge for my cereal (dinner) and ran into 2 girls from Slovakia that have only been here a few days and don't speak any French but really good English. There here on the Erasmus program and they said their courses should be taught in English, but other than that I really don't know how they're going to survive. There are French people who speak English, but a majority of them don't speak it well, if at all. In my opinion they should have gone to England or Germany, or really any other Germanic-language speaking country. After talking to them and having dinner, I went back to my room to upload more photos and finally got photos from day 7 on picasa (see day 7 for the link). At 11 my time Luke got back on after going to classes. We haven't talked in a while so there was a good amount of stuff to talk about. As for tomorrow, I plan on sleeping in and maybe going shopping.


  1. We'll deposit some money for him to get a skype - after all what kind of parents are we?